Foorumit

Everybody Contribute Please
Created by: Zack Created on: 2013-08-23 11:10:49 Read times: 18760
Pages: [1]   2  
Zack
+1, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-08-23 11:10:49
I'll keep this short and sweet. The server isn't doing too well and we need new players. Now, it can be difficult to bring even just one player to the game. Reasons behind that are:

- The domain isn't trusted (.tk) in North America because it's foreign to us

- The website itself looks very old and out of date

- Once players get online they see the lack of players online and draw conclusions

- The game is "too hard" for some people

- Lag

- Angry players on the grind for stats

- NO ROOMS BESIDES AP

I could honestly go on all day.

We cannot fix lag, the website, or change the domain. However, we can repopulate the server which would in essence lead to new people becoming more interested and motivated. We can control our tempers and accommodate to our new friends and also teach them how to play/give them pointers. An extra effort towards playing team games could be a good thing for the server as well, I will try and come up with a few ideas and solutions towards that on a later date.

What this server needs from each and every one of you guys is to contribute to the process. The process begins with getting the new players here in the first place. I encourage everybody to recruit at the very least, one player. That would double our servers activity. The person who recruits the most players and shows me proof will get 3 credits and I can almost assure you that I will pay you even more down the road when I can get some because that person will deserve it.

You must recruit at least 5 players in order to be eligible for credits.
Anonymous

Date: 2013-08-24 06:03:18
become a contributor then but i support you :)
Anonymous

Date: 2013-10-05 01:03:48
I have been thinking about this kind of stuff for a long time, one kinda easy way we should try out together is to just use hashtags on Twitter and Facebook, #KiekkoGame or something.
I also want to put the word out there, I am looking for a group (or team) to join that kinda wants to really contribute to the community, to come up with ideas and work as a team to make this community get even bigger than it once was... :)
Anonymous

Date: 2013-10-19 20:27:54
Edited: 2013-10-19 20:28:34
Well said Zack, you read my mind.

Hollow
Sinappikone

Date: 2013-10-20 00:17:48
One thing you mentioned is the outdated website, which has been a concearn for quite a while now. The new layout is coming along soon(ish) (beta.kiekko.tk). If you as me it still looks a bit hideous so I hope that improvement is on the way. The unity client is also coming along pretty well and I believe that it will take over as soon as some crucial details have been added.

Don't lose trust and keep the flag up high in NA!
Zack
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-20 17:01:43
unfortunately, there hasnt been any games played on the na server in over a month
Anonymous

Date: 2013-10-24 21:00:54
Zachary wrote:
unfortunately, there hasnt been any games played on the na server in over a month

where everyone at lets play
Zack

Date: 2013-10-27 00:16:39
Jacob wrote:
Zachary wrote:

where everyone at lets play

ye where yall at
Anonymous

Date: 2013-10-27 03:57:45
that's why no one is on I was wondering why -_-
Zack
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-27 17:20:52
DeF wrote:

jouko gave getzlaf mod so everyone got mad and just quit
Anonymous
+1

Date: 2013-10-29 07:34:34
Edited: 2013-10-29 07:37:02
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

k its not my fault people would rather stand thier ground in being complete idiots and ruining the game …... than have me enforce the rules rather have they learned how to play by the rules.

sorry mate, im not going to be the scapegoat for others immaturity on a 2d game. they were/are the reason. They were the reason prior to me ever being a mod to why this server was dieing.

simple as that

Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-29 23:48:30
SAFC wrote:
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

k its not my fault people would rather stand thier ground in being complete idiots and ruining the game …... than have me enforce the rules rather have they learned how to play by the rules.

sorry mate, im not going to be the scapegoat for others immaturity on a 2d game. they were/are the reason. They were the reason prior to me ever being a mod to why this server was dieing.

simple as that

no...
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-30 00:57:24
Mazarasku wrote:
SAFC wrote:
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

simple as that

no...

We are we are the kings!
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-30 02:19:38
Xaxaxa wrote:
Mazarasku wrote:
SAFC wrote:
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

simple as that

no...

We are we are the kings!

naw im just a moderator
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-30 19:36:13
Edited: 2013-10-30 19:36:51
Mazarasku wrote:
SAFC wrote:
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

simple as that

no...

laugh out loud, toilet paper.
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-30 20:07:44
Mazarasku wrote:
Mazarasku wrote:
SAFC wrote:
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

simple as that

no...

laugh out loud, toilet paper.

give me number nine with extra dip!
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-10-31 02:49:02
SAFC wrote:
Xaxaxa wrote:
Mazarasku wrote:
SAFC wrote:
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

simple as that

no...

We are we are the kings!

naw im just a moderator

you deleted my post to make it seem like he was replying to you, crazy.
Zack
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-11-01 00:55:02
SAFC wrote:
Zachary wrote:
DeF wrote:

simple as that

Okay who's this idiot who keeps deleting my comments? I said that everyone quit because Getzlaf got mod. Did I say it was a bad decision? It's simply a fact. I've lost respect for these forum mods because everytime I say anything, EVEN GOOD THINGS, about Getzlaf it just gets deleted. Who would want to play when that's the case? Can you forum mods please read what people are saying instead of deleting whatever has 'Getzlaf' in it. Jesus Christ.
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-11-02 04:39:30
The server has been on a decline in activity for the last year. Recent events like MKL vs AKL and Getzlaf15 receiving mod just put the icing on the cake.
Anonymous
+1

Date: 2013-11-02 07:18:46
Edited: 2013-11-02 07:19:26
you know, just so you know, not showing up and playing games show that most of these people on here haven't grown up to be wise people, and even though getzlaf is moderator, you can still abide by the rules and not get banned/muted, and act appropriately while still having a legitimately fun time! you won't be in trouble if you don't commit any trouble!
Zack
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-11-05 04:25:33
tired of my comments getting deleted for literally no reason. do yourselves a favor and stop going against someone who's actually trying to keep this game alive...
Anonymous
+1

Date: 2013-11-05 18:54:28
Edited: 2013-11-05 18:55:11
Gee wrote:
you know, just so you know, not showing up and playing games show that most of these people on here haven't grown up to be wise people, and even though getzlaf is moderator, you can still abide by the rules and not get banned/muted, and act appropriately while still having a legitimately fun time! you won't be in trouble if you don't commit any trouble!

Gee, youve just hit a homerun, this is exactly right.
Anonymous

Date: 2013-11-07 10:53:16
MisaCampo wrote:
Gee wrote:

Gee, youve just hit a homerun, this is exactly right.

+1 for recognizing what i said lol
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2013-11-10 00:44:25
that guy is mod of the server now? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOLLOOOOLLOOOOL
Anonymous
+1

Date: 2013-11-11 23:11:48
I will try my best to bring my friends and other to this game because i wanna see NA server RISE!!!!
Anonymous
+1

Date: 2013-11-15 02:06:26
GRdaBEAST wrote:
I will try my best to bring my friends and other to this game because i wanna see NA server RISE!!!!

K good lets see it happen
Anonymous

Date: 2013-12-01 21:59:21
Hello, I am new and I am from NA. I went on the New Jersey server and nobody was on there, deserted. I cannot play on the Finnish server because of the lag. I'll try my best to recruit some of my friends. Hopefully the servers will be more populated next time in the near future
Anonymous
+1

Date: 2013-12-07 18:41:05
If the legend comes out of retirement will the fans come back to the game and play again? or maybe I will rip up Finnish server and be new Tenkrat
Anonymous
+1

Date: 2013-12-08 03:10:24
Callahan wrote:
If the legend comes out of retirement will the fans come back to the game and play again? or maybe I will rip up Finnish server and be new Tenkrat

come play :)
Anonymous

Date: 2013-12-08 18:47:56
SAFC wrote:
Callahan wrote:

come play :)

ya new york rangers are back top 1 finnish team
Mainos

Created by: Zack Created on: 2013-08-23 11:10:49 Read times: 18760
Pages: [1]   2