3v3 North American Tournament - NA Server
Created by: Goth Created on: 2016-08-20 02:34:18 Read times: 13827
Goth
Cross Fire
+2

Date: 2016-08-20 02:34:18
Edited: 2016-08-21 01:10:51
3v3 North American Tournament - NA Server

Now that World Cup has awaken NA server back to life I decided to organize this tournament to help it stay that way. Everyone are allowed to join (including european teams) and the only requirement is that the games are played on NA server. The winners will be celebrated throughout all kiekko, win credits and bask in eternal glory.

Match rules

- Matches will be played 3 x 5 minutes on NA server
- Icings/offsides enabled, no penalties or exp. points
- 3 players per team, you can edit your roster until the applications deadline
- 1 player is only allowed to represent one team, if this rule is broken the person breaking the rule will cause his both teams to be disqualified
- Shutting the goalie is allowed ONLY after 3 min mark of the final period IF your team is losing, otherwise puck must be given back
- Lag goals are not allowed and puck must be iced if someone lags or disconnects, puck goes to non-lagging team afterwards
- If someone disconnects and doesn't come back in a reasonable time (~5 minutes) match will continue 2v3
- Matches must be played till the end, forfeiting is not allowed
- Good manners and sportsmanship is to be expected from everyone

If these rules are not abide by, there can be consequences which may lead into a disqualification.

Important: It is on team GM's responsibility to arrange the games at suitable times. All the info of your group and opponents will be found in the post below. Winning teams GM will take a screenshot after game and send result and the picture to me so we can avoid all the unnecessary inconvenience.

In case a game won't be played in time, both teams GM's should send me a note to explain why they didn't play their game by the end of the week and I'll figure out who is at fault and shall be disqualified from the tournament. If neither team provides explanation during group stage both teams will be disqualified (playoff rounds will be a coin flip). Disqualified teams are not eligible for possible credit rewards.

How will it go down?

After I know the amount of participating teams they will be drawn randomly in groups and the best 2 of each group will continue to the playoff rounds. In the group stage you will play once against each group member. Win will reward your team with 2 points and tie is worth 1 point. There is NO overtime to be played in the group stage. After group stage is finished all remaining teams (64/32/16) are seeded so the best group winners are facing the worst runner-ups.
Tie-breakers are the following:
- result between the teams
- goal differential
- goals for
- 5 minute rematch and OT if needed
If more than 2 teams are tied the order will be following:
- most points between teams
- best goal differential between teams
- most goals scored between teams
- in case there's some teams still tied they form new minigroup with 5 min matches.
Playoff games will be single elimination. In case of a tie there will be sudden death overtime. Each stage of the tournament will take 1 week so there will be plenty of time to find out when your opponents will be available. Tournament will take 5 to 8 weeks depending of the amount of participants.

Prizes

Winners of the tournament will all get free VIP status for a nick of their choice sponsored by jouko. Winners will also get 3 credits each sponsored by me. Runner-ups will receive 2 credits each sponsored by me. Bronze medalists will also get 1 credit each sponsored by me. Also 3 random team members (excluding top 3) who weren't disqualified and finished the tournament will be drawn get 1 credit each.

How to join

Send me an application via note with the following information:
- Name of the team
- 3 players nicknames that will be on your roster
- Name of the GM of your team

Deadline for applications will be September 8th 11:59 PM CST. (Finnish time September 9th 7:59 GMT +3) You can edit your teams roster until that. Tournament starts September 12th, enjoy!

It should be noted that North American teams are most active during 0.00-9.00 finnish time, especially at weekends. So take that in consideration if you are thinking of joining in the tournament. If your team can't play during these hours, don't send an application.
Goth
Cross Fire

Date: 2016-08-20 02:34:26
Edited: 2016-08-23 23:19:17
Participating teams (GM's first)
Kakkaa Poskella HC: Aisha, tauski26, Vortex
Here for Beer: hotbabe69, babe, MacKinnon
Finnish Cuisine: Perry, Keith, Tim
Kasetti levis Hoki Klub: Arwen, Mojo, oje
Anonymous

Date: 2016-08-20 23:20:22
hotbabe69, babe, MacKinnon

chap u get to be GM good luck bra
Anonymous

Date: 2016-08-22 08:18:02
Finnish Cuisine

Tylor, Jeb, Tim
Anonymous

Date: 2016-08-23 06:58:58
SCORES and Razorback so far we r looking for a defenseman
Frosty
Vicious and Delicious

Date: 2016-08-23 15:00:07
Edited: 2016-09-01 11:06:11
Goth
Cross Fire

Date: 2016-09-07 20:29:55
We are still looking for more people to join... If not this tournament will have to be rescheduled until we have more people.
Goth
Cross Fire

Date: 2016-09-07 20:29:56
Edited: 2016-09-07 20:30:07
Goth
Cross Fire

Date: 2016-09-13 22:27:57
I'm sorry all but we will have to cancel the tournament since we do not have a lot of participants. I will hopefully try again in a month or two. If you have any recommendations i'd love to hear them.
Anonymous

Date: 2016-09-14 08:54:50
Goth3 wrote:
I'm sorry all but we will have to cancel the tournament since we do not have a lot of participants. I will hopefully try again in a month or two. If you have any recommendations i'd love to hear them.

i am willing to enter my team but would need to acquire adequate hockey iq'd teammates...applications to the squad are open for Sunderland
Anonymous
-3, kielenkäyttö/roskaa

Date: 2016-09-16 03:58:15
You all suck at this game.
Anonymous

Date: 2016-11-07 22:57:25
I'm in.
Mainos

Created by: Goth Created on: 2016-08-20 02:34:18 Read times: 13827